Tuesday, December 21, 2010

NOTD: Revlon Gold Coin Nail Polish!

I picked up this polish the other day on my trip to ULTA.. It's "Revlon's Gold Coin" Nail Enamel from the Heavenly Metal Collection. The collection had three shades in total.. a golden shade, silver and copper shade. Since I've been on the lookout for a pretty gold, I decided to give it a try.

I applied (2) coats and (1) top coat (Sally Hansen Insta Dry). The formula is opaque, not too thick - and not watery at all. The color is a a metallic silvery gold. In the light, it appears more silver. I love the color and how well it stands out. Metallics tend to apply streaky, but I didn't have any streaks. Only on a couple of my nails my ridges are slightly highlighted. Also, when I usually apply my top coat.. my nails look very lustrous and have that clear shiny top coat look to them.. for some reason it doesn't even look like I'm wearing a top coat. I may try applying another.

Pros: Great formula, Pretty shade - very bright & lustrous, Wears well (no chips or dents yet), Affordable ($3-4)
Cons: Doesn't dry as fast as I'd like (it's definitely no OPI), Is not very forgiving if you smudge your nail and paint over it, Isn't very shiny with the top coat.

Overall, I like this polish a lot and I'll update this post to let you know how long it lasts before it chips. :)

I took a picture of my ring too.. lol I got it a few days ago from New York & Co. and I've been wearing it every day. So pretty!

Whats on your nails this holiday season??

10 comments:

  1. I love this! Perfect for New Years! :) Btw I really like the picture of you on your blog with the gold headband! It is super cute!
    Please check out my blog!
    http://fabulousfinds4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous color for the holiday season, it looks great on your nails. I'd love to be able to wear metallic nails but I feel they make my fingers look pudgy! Lol

    Lilit

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i hope they sell this in the uk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love metallic nails done right, and this is the right way to do it. They kinda remind me of minx nails (have you heard of them?)

    I'm a new follower, come check my blog out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You've just created my new lemming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow gold coin is pretty - i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Nice post but i am a gold trader and at this time Gold has been advancing for over 10 years now, from a low of $252 per ounce in 1999 to where it sits today at $1,755, which is a gain of over 595%.
    gold trading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better info on your blog than what I have seen so far elsewhere. Thanks for sharing and... Keep up the good work. I know from experience it's not always easy! :-).
    hostess torino

    ReplyDelete