Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tarte Exposed Amazonian Clay Blush Review, Photos and Swatches!

tarte exposed amazonian clay blush

Tarte Exposed Amazonian Clay Blush

The Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes were all the rage since their early launch in 2011, and have earned a spot on many bloggers "favorites of 2011" beauty products lists. Infused with natural clay of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types and is long-lasting (supposedly 12 hours).

They are available in several shades (12 on the Sephora website, with four of them being new shades) from nude, light pink, bright pink, coral, etc. I own Exposed, which is the most natural shade of the bunch and one of those no-brainer products you know you can rely on for every day.

Exposed is a soft, neutral brownie-pink with a slight rosy undertone, that never looks orange. Although it looks matte in the pan, it does have a few shimmers, but are barely visible on the skin. Many compare it to MAC Blushbaby, Nars Douceur or Nars Madly; I own Madly and Blushbaby, and although I find them similar, they are actually quite different. Madly is a warm peachy-bronze with a hint of pink & shimmer. It's warmer & shimmery, and almost looks orange when compared to Exposed. Blushbaby and Exposed are more comparable. What differs on my cheeks is that Blushbaby looks slightly deeper and is more rosy (red) whereas Exposed is softer and less ruddy.

tarte exposed blush comparison swatches

tarte exposed blush
The blendability is fantastic. The texture is soft and sheer, that when applied, it gives such a soft and blended appearance on my face. It never looks muddy. Don't let the sheer texture fool you, it does pack a good amount of pigment, but because of the sheer texture, you aren't going to look like a clown if you take your brush directly to your cheek.

tarte exposed
Containing ingredients beneficial for the skin: Vitamin A, C & E,  Amazonian Clay and beeswax.

Formulated withOUT: Mineral oil, Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Petrochemicals, Phthalates, GMOs & Triclosan. All are ingredients that

Suitable for everyone - In Oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place. Those with Dry skin will benefit from the clay's nourishing and hydrating properties, which naturally restore skin's moisture. Combination skin types can rely on its ability to zero in on skin concerns and deliver benefits to restore complexion harmony. The result? Blush that wears better, longer, and truer!

I can't really confirm these claims because I haven't worn it every day for long enough to notice, and my skin type is just about as normal as it can get. I don't have any dryness, and only a little shine mid-day in my t-zone.

tarte exposed amazonian clay blush
Tarte Exposed Amazonian Clay Blush
As far as the "12-hour wear" claim goes, it's still there 12 hours later, but not completely. Given the weather lately (cold and dry), I would expect it to last that long, but by hour 8, it has faded on me quite a bit. Even though it falls short, I honestly can't say I own a blush that lasts over 12 hours on my face - unless I pack it on and let it mellow throughout the day. I still think the wear time is very good and better than several others.

I'm not too interested in any of the other shades (for the most part), so I think I'll be content for a while with Exposed.

Do you own any Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes? What do you think of them?

33 comments:

  1. i have been eying exposed! everyone raves about this shade. it sounds so lovely. you should do a FOTD with it, id love to see it on you :) i have tipsy and honestly i dont reach for it often because it feels more like a summer/spring shade. i wish i would have gotten this shade instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks cute...i need it in my life!!
    http://worldoffashionandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've seen so many reviews on these but they aren't openly available here in the uk. i'd love to try their blushes though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 2 and love them. They are my go to blushes right now =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love exposed. Just like many other bloggers, I included it in my list of 2011 favorites on my blog. Like u, the other blushes from that line doesn't interest me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing, the tone is so beautiful! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i adore this line of blushes!! they will last me forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try this blush looks very pretty!
    Thank you for sharing with us =)
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  9. not yet but I'm ready to buy one! Thanks for this post. super informative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I HATE that we don't have these in the UK. They just look like the perfect blushes! Boooo :(
    Enjoy it.
    Muak

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have one in doll face - it's a beautiful dolly pink and has quickly become one of my most used blushes! Exposed looks beautiful, I can imagine it looks gorgeous on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just at sephora and i was going to pick up one but decided not too =(

    cherissejnmakeupfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this color! Looks like it would bring a very natural flush to the cheeks. Also looks quite perfect for winter looks perhaps with charcoal and silver eyeshadows.

    Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I own two but one of them barely shows up on me. The other is much better. I want exposed however, as I like the color of Blushbaby but it doesn't wear long on me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, never tried it. But I do like the color. And the sound of clay and 12-hour lasting power does interest me.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have amazing photog skills! they look beautiful, i wish we had tarte in england!

    http://buyswagger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have heard too many good things about this blush, and it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always read my mind! I was looking into these lately, and exposed caught my eye. Never ended up purchasing one yet. Thanks for the swatches! :D I probably will end up picking it up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this colour looks lovely, can't wait until you show us how it looks on your skin!

    Anca
    http://coralista-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love tarte amazonian blushes! great swatches

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally just did a review on this! Haha I've been wearing it everyday. I love how it looks on my skin tone. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love exposed! I need to try more of their blushes! Great review!

    beautymarked71.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have the shade Tipsy and it's one of my favs!! The pigmentation is amazing and it really does last longer than my other blushes. I definitely recommend them!!
    xx
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really wanted to try these blushers but NONE of the shades in stock really called out to me when I was near a Sephora. I think possibly Tipsy is the only one I would try!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Never used Tarte before, but just might now. Thanks for review, I love how clear your photos have become. Do you use a light box?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have Dollface that comes out to be a nice dolly pink that isn't an overdue. Personally, I don't think these blushes last 12 hours as it claims.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kelly - You'd love this shade! Tipsy is very pretty, but I agree that it's a little more summery. I've steered away from most of my corals for a while now.. Not really sure why. I'll do a FOTD very soon! :)

    Nicola - Dollface looks like such a pretty, basic pink! I may have to get around to swatching it one of these days. :) Aw, TY!

    Lindsay @ A Walk in the Closet - I agree! It's very versatile and It does look great with charcoal! I actually had silver and black eyeshadow on last night with this blush and they complimented each other very well.

    Irene - Thanks so much!

    Cheryl - I know right!?? LOL I swear I was wondering if you already had it and just didn't post about it yet.. cuz we always have the same taste in everything. haha!

    Kim - Thank you! I've been working on the lighting. I don't own a lightbox, just a few daylight bulbs and white poster board!

    N.Linda - That is a shame.. The wear time is really what drew me to trying the blush (although I've wanted to try Exposed anyway for a while) I did use a tiny bit of MAC Blushcreme before applying Exposed yesterday and it seemed to last much, much better.

    TY everyone so much for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post! I was wondering, if you had to choose between Exposed and NARS Madly which would you go for?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loving your blog! I devoured it yesterday!! Folllowing!
    Www.xoxotrishelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is the only shade from the Tarte Amazonian Blushes I want to try! =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have to agree with you, i love it!! its the best cream iv used and will definitely be buying once mine is used up, glossy box did well with the April box i thought. epro image courses

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very very important blog for the fashion point of therefore, i want to say thanks a lot for sharing the information. online shopping for women

    ReplyDelete