Monday, January 2, 2012

Illamasqua Indulge Intense Lipgloss Review, Photos and Swatches!

illamasqua indulge intense lipgloss

Illamasqua Indulge Intense Lipgloss

Illamasqua Indulge Intense Lipgloss ($20) is a bright hot pink, highly pigmented and non-sticky full coverage lipgloss with a super glossy finish.

In the tube this shade looks a little deeper - almost like a slightly reddened neon pink. But once applied to the lips, the shade is a lighter, milky neon pink. Think Betsey Johnson or Barbie pink.

I've been wanting to try Illamasqua's Intense Lipglosses for what seems like forever. I always imagined they would be like a toned down & more moisturizing version of OCC Lip Tars. What sealed the deal was seeing Temptalia's reviews for them over and over in bright, gorgeous hues, which of course built up my "need" for them even more.

The formula is a little thick and gooey, but not sticky. It feels nice on the lips, and has good lasting power because of the thicker texture. It has very good pigmentation for a gloss, so a lot of product isn't necessary. I've found when I applied too much, it looked thick on my lips, felt heavy and even ended up on my front teeth - not a pretty sight! A few drops is all you need.


How could you resist?! (Image Credit: Temptalia



I'm still deciding if I like the packaging or not. It's basically a (hard plastic) squeeze tube with a small opening and slanted tip to smooth the product on your lips - much like a tube of Carmex. It's probably more sanitary than standard wand applicator, but it makes applying the gloss evenly a little more of a challenge, especially if you don't have a very defined lip shape. The packaging itself is very small, slim and incredibly lightweight, so it's very ideal for traveling or keeping in your bag.

Aside from the awesome pigmentation, I love the shiny finish. It can be worn on top of any pink lipstick for an extra kick and added shine, or simply solo.

Price: $20, Sephora.

22 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous, great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right, the pigmentation looks amazing! im really getting into bolder lipsticks recently too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap! that's amazing pigmentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful lipgloss! ♥ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This lipgloss is for a sexy date night!

    Love it!

    http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Gorgeous color! I really want to try these glosses, they look so intensely pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a lot of pow for a lipgloss.

    Too bad Illamasqua isn't available in Canada, there's a ton of products I'd love to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This color is too bright for me but it suited you well.

    http://aintanotherguru.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/3niROGraphy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just reminded me that I have this lip gloss too, yet I haven't shown it much love lately at all! Great review, as always.
    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous color! I love it and the format is amazing! thanks for sharing! take care

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look beautiful on you! It reminds me to buy an Illamasque lipgloss next time I'm in England.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice review Natalie!! :)
    The name 'indulge' is so right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooo I have this lipgloss :), pigmentation is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, that colour is stunning for spring/summer!!

    Anca
    http://coralista-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, I need this in my life! I can always count on your posts to create new obsessions lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've got this. i LOVE it hahah it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful review & gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've learn several just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you put to make this sort of fantastic informative website.
    Hoover Windtunnel 2 Hepa Vacuum Bags (401080W2)- 2 pack

    ReplyDelete