Tuesday, October 27, 2009

YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighter Review!

ysl touche eclat review 

YSL Touche Eclat #1 Radiant Touch

Item Description: Light, luminosity, radiance. The award winning, must-have, take anywhere instant highlighter that banishes shadows, erases signs of fatigue and leaves your skin looking radiant. Touche Éclat is 8 hours of sleep in a pen - the one item no woman can be without.

Touche Éclat is ideal at any time of the day over bare skin, under or over foundation, crème or powder. Use this best-selling pen-brush around the eye area, the hollow of the chin, the contour of the lips and the sides of the nose. Just slip it into your bag to ensure a brilliant glow, anytime, anywhere. Suitable for all skin types.

Touche Eclat comes in four shades to suit your individual skin tone:
ysl touche eclat swatches
1) Luminous Radiance (for fair/ light/ medium complexions with pink undertones)
2) Luminous Ivory (for fair/ light/ medium complexions with yellow or golden undertones)
3) Light Peach (for warm and golden beige complexions)
4) Luminous Toffee (for deep complexions)

ysl touche eclat swatches
Here are swatches of all of the shades, courtesy of Karla Sugar.

YSL Luminous Radiance

This is an item I've been wanting to try for the longest time. While I was waiting in line to check out, the rack with miscellaneous travel items caught my eye. I immediately picked up the touche eclat and swatched it on my hand. The only shade available at that Sephora location was shade #1 Luminous Radiance, which is a universally flattering light, peachy-pink shade.

It has a very creamy, milky consistency. The brush is actually very soft, and isn't exactly useless like most of the brushes of similar applicators. I use 1-2 clicks and dot it under my eyes after I've already applied concealer and foundation, and smooth it out with a small concealer brush or I pat it in my skin lightly with my ring finger until it's blended.

I also like to run it down the bridge of my nose and under the arch of my brows for a subtle highlight.

Some people argue this is not a concealer, but it does conceal a bit. The coverage is very minimal, so if you have severe darkness, it should be used in conjunction with a concealer. It's like a light concealer and highlighter all-in-one. In contrast to Benefit High Beam which is also a pearly pink highlighter, Benefit only highlights, it doesn't conceal, and its also a lot more luminescent than the Touche Eclat. Touch Eclat is a lot more natural.

It really does make me look more awake and it does an awesome job brightening so no darkness shows through. I was looking at a tutorial on the YSL site which was very helpful. You can also apply this around your lips to make them more defined.

Overall, great product. I'd love to try shades 2 and 3 as well.

Price: $40, 0.1 oz.

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the review. Id really love to try this but it is a little expensive.


    http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truely wish this product wasnt so expensive!! I can buy 2 MAC foundations for the price of a tube of this!!! I wish it had bad reviews so I wouldnt be so tempted to try it out!! Shade #2 would be perfect for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my fav. products and it def lasts a long time for me because a little goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to have this and I did like it cause of its reflective properties making my eyes appear a brighter but in terms of concealing my dark eye bags, it didn't do very much ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Blovet Beauty Yeah this stuff definitely isn't a concealer. I'm med-brown, use #3 and I usually put it over my concealer have you tried that?
    I love this stuff it just brightens up your face! And if you're on a tight budget you can order it from QVC on easy payments so that you don't have to chunk out the $40 at once.

    ReplyDelete