Thursday, October 1, 2009

Haul: MAC Style Black Collection + Some Extras from MAC!


MAC Style Black Collection

Everyone was so hyped for the Style Black Collection, that I totally expected everything to be sold out or picked over by the time I reached a MAC counter a few days late. To my surprise, nothing had sold out yet. The only thing I had wanted from the collection was the mineralize eye shadows. The main colors that stuck out to me was the black, purple and golden one. I didn't care for the blue one because it's a color I really don't wear much.

I ended up only getting the purple and golden one; Young Punk and Gilt by Association. The sales associate at MAC also gave me a sample of the Volcanic Ash Thermal Mask, which I've tested and am loving!

MAC Gilt by Association and Young Punk Mineralize Eyeshadows

MAC Young Punk Mineralize Eyeshadow

MAC Gilt by Association Mineralize Eyeshadow

READ MORE!

MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator

This stuff looks like fresh tar or oil.. lol. It's the first black facial mask I've ever used. I rubbed it in my face with a little water and it has a nice heating effect. It makes my skin feel really nice afterward and I even felt like it made my pores appear less visible.

 I looked at the new Dazzleglass Creme Lipglosses and they were pretty, but they kind of reminded me of the pink NYX round glosses I have, so I didn't get any of them. I did notice they had all of the dazzleglasses. I thought they were Limited Edition, but the sales girl told me due to popular demand they are part of the permanent line now. Cool to know. I ended up purchasing Smile Dazzleglass, which is a light coral with pink and gold shimmer. My best friend bought Like Venus, which is a gorgeous bubble gum pink with hot pink shimmer. She paired it with Myth Lipstick and it looked so pretty!

MAC Smile Dazzleglass

I've wanted Smile ever since I saw Kourtney wearing it in this pic. It looks so pretty on her!
Kourtney Kardashian wearing MAC Smile Dazzleglass

I also decided to break down and purchase MAC Carbon eyeshadow. I have a love/hate with this eye shadow. It's the best shadow for smokey eyes/eyeliner and for darkening shades in the crease, etc. But I purchased it twice before and they both shattered and I have black residue all over my makeup, my bedroom carpet, the linings of my handbags, makeup bags... ugh! I have no idea why they were breaking on me, Neither of them hit pan. Actually, the 2nd one broke and I only had it for probably 2 weeks. I was so mad and decided never to buy it again.. I guess I love it too much not to!
MAC Carbon Eyeshadow

I also got a travel size MAC Zoomlash Mascara. I've been wanting to try it forever and so far, I really like it! It's nothing crazy to rave about, but it's definitely a good, standard mascara. It gives me pretty decent length and volume.

MAC Zoomlash Mascara

MAC Zoomlash Mascara


Lastly, I purchased MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC42. I had a little bit of a problem with NC40 in the Fix powder. It was a little too light and tad a slight pink to it. It also wasn't yellow enough. So, the sales lady said definitely get NC42. So, yeah. I used it once and its too dark. It makes me look orange. I'm probably going to try swapping it b/c I don't like returning used makeup. I originally wanted to get Studio Tech, which I was going to get NC42 in as well b/c she said they run light, and they were sold out. THANK GOD. She gave me a sample and it's too dark/orange as well. I don't think I'll ever buy any shade darker than 40, if it runs light I'll just use a bronzer and deal with it. *sigh*


MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC42 and MAC Studio Tech in NC42 (sample jar)

That's all for my haul! Talk to you all soon!

15 comments:

  1. I really want to try that Volcanic Thermal Mask...I might have to go buy it tomorrow! The new eyeshadows look really pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a nice haul!! i want to try the vt mask as well! :)

    it's funny cuz i never thought to buy carbon. i always thought..ehh it's just black, i could substitute it with any other black. i'm currently using the matte black in my 88 palette. :)

    i think i'm gonna go get gilt by association! it looks like black with reflects antique gold in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great haul!
    i have been going back and forth whether i want the Smile dazzleglass of or not. this post made me decide: YES lol

    i always come to your blog for lip pr oduct recommendations - especially nyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great haul! i've heard great things about the mask

    ReplyDelete
  5. after reading your post on the new mac black collection I also went out and purchased the "young punk" color. i love it but want to make it look a little more purple. Is there any kind of base or pigment I can use to make it more of a stand out purple?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic haul!!!
    Those shadows look pretty amazing, and I might follow what you did with the samples, since I want to try both the exfoliator and mask, but I 'm afraid they 'd irritate me!
    Btw, I 've heard that Carbon has broken on a few ppl, when they attempted to depot it, is why I haven't got it yet...
    Hope you have better luck with it this time!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. after reading so many hauls and reviews for mac's new collection
    im so tempted to go buy some

    btw, im a new follower and love you blog
    hopefully you can come check out mine too

    http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. great haul! I also wanted to try the thermal mask, I think I might break down and get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got young punk and the greasepaint stick...I tried 'smile' on today and it basically looked clear..:( I think I'm going to try it with Myth underneath or a concealer...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the exact same problem as me...NC40 is too light and NC42 is too dark. Do NC40 and lightly dust NC42 over it with a 150 brush. Also try C5 mixed with N5 in face and body. We have a beautiful yet unmeasurable skin color. :) and :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't live without mac carbon but I had the same problem. As soon as you could see some of the metal from the bottom of the pan it shattered. I've kept the old one as a backup but its annoying having to buy a new one :(!

    ReplyDelete