Friday, April 4, 2014

Chanel Amour (166) Glossimer Review, Photos, Swatches!

Chanel Amour Glossimer

Chanel Amour Glossimer

Chanel Amour Glossimer ($29.50) is a vibrant coral pink with fine multi-colored shimmer. This color in my eyes is the definition of Spring/Summer, and is a fabulous shade to rock all season long. Much like Chanel Sourire Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick (in my previous post), it's a great color for those with warm, golden undertones and will brighten the face instantly. The coverage is light but buildable, and pairs really well on top of any pink, peach or coral lipstick and it also looks great all on it's own.

Chanel Glossimers is one of my favorite formulas of lipgloss (alongside NARS and Bobbi Brown). The formula isn't thick and pasty, nor is it thin and watery. It's perfectly in the middle where you'd want it to be. It's thick enough to where it will adhere to your lips and last for several hours, and when you rub your lips together they will feel silky smooth and glossy - no stickiness what-so-ever. They are also packed with shine as most of the shades contain tiny particles of shimmer so your lips will glisten.

Also, this is one of the few lip products that I can get away with without having to moisturize my lips prior - it will keep them hydrated for however long I have it on my lips, and even a little while after.

If I had to choose, Bagatelle is definitely my favorite glossimer. It's like a softer version of Amour.

Chanel Amour Glossimer

Chanel Amour Glossimer

Chanel Amour Glossimer swatch
Chanel Amour Glossimer on my lips

Chanel Amour Glossimer

Chanel Amour Glossimer

Chanel Amour Glossimer swatch
From left to right: Chanel Amour Glossimer, Chanel Sourire Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick & Chanel Surprenante Rouge Allure Lipstick.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipsticks can be purchased online or at your local Chanel counter.

The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Smooth formula
  • Makes the lips appear fuller as it hydrates the lips and has a glossy, sparkly finish
  • Great color payoff 
  • Moisturizing
  • Long-lasting
Cons:
  • Most shades contain loads of shimmer, so if you don't like sparkle, you won't like these.
Price: $29.50

29 comments:

  1. This looks aboslutely stunning! It reminds me of dior's ultra gloss addicts that also have super micro fine shimmers! I love how glossy this look on you! I totally will be checking this out and their lipsticks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In general I don't like lip glosses but this one looks lovely on you! Maybe one day I will treat myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been loving the Lancome Gloss in Love and Lip Lovers lip products lately such amazing lip gloss

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lipgloss looks perfect, but I fell in love with Chanel Surprenante Rouge Allure Lipstick swatch, wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color! Looks perfect on your lips!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning colour!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks stunning on you! beautiful! x Chanel lipgloss when worn make you feel like a goddess all day! When I wear my pink one I get a lot of compliments im sure you got tons of those ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color! It's really vibrant. I am really excited to try it on me.

    Makeup artist

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think there are very few women who love glosses in their makeup kit because of lip stick addictions. Lipstick adds more beauty than glosses but now i am thinking of using this lipgloss. It suits on your lips and hope to mine also..:P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore Chanel's Glossimers! They're not one bit sticky, super smooth and they smell wonderfully. And who could say no to their stunning yet simple packaging? Honestly, sometimes I wish I could. LOL. I agree that Bagatelle is lovely but I think I prefer Amour - its softer color is much more my style.
    Irene | reenie.nu

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color of this, I'm not a fan of lip glosses but I definitely try this! Thanks for the review.

    xx
    Coleen
    Luxury Skin Care

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the result on your lips. the color is so soft.

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice lipgloss

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! It looks beautiful :)

    http://glassow.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous, must take a peek at the Chanel section next time I'm in the mall. I usually am not a fan of glittery lipglosses but this seems worth a try! Great post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Chanel cosmetics!
    I have seen a few people reviewing this exact shade is so beautiful!
    I am normally a lipstick kind of gal but this could change me!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
  17. The shades are gorg!! Loving them totally!

    http://www.stylefried.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a pretty color :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very Beauty and Dazzling color! Looks perfect on every girl and women

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous colour :)
    I've just reviewed some glossimers on my blog :)
    check them out at beth96x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous color.... wow.Love this blog.thanks Nail salon in san jose

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a beautiful color! great review

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the post format as you create user engagement in the complete article. It seems round up of all published posts. Thanks for gauging the informative posts.

    ReplyDelete