Friday, August 9, 2013

Maybelline Hot Plum Color Sensational Vivids Lip Color Review, Photos, Swatches!

Maybelline Hot Plum Color Sensational Vivids Lip Color

Maybelline Hot Plum Color Sensational Vivids Lip Color ($6) is a vibrant fuchsia pink with a creamy, balm-like finish. It's fairly pink for a lipstick named 'Hot Plum', so if you're expecting something more plum/purple, this won't be it. It's really gorgeous never-the-less, and if you love bright, cool-toned pinks, you'll love this lipstick.

The formula is wonderful. The lipstick applies smoothly and the color is almost opaque in one pass. It's also hydrating enough where I don't need to apply a lip balm first, though I wouldn't particularly consider it to be moisturizing (very few lipsticks are with my dry lips). It's lightweight, has a little slip to it and feels good on the lips.

What's impressive is the lasting power. The color stays strong for several hours and leaves a lingering bright pink stain behind on the lips once most of the lipstick wears off.

Would I recommend? Heck yes! I want every single shade in the Vivids line. They're all beautiful! If you want to see swatches of every shade, check out Beautezine.


Maybelline Hot Plum Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick on my lips





I actually found this shade marked on clearance at my local Target for a little over $3. I'm not sure if this shade or the line in general is limited edition.. Does anyone know?

Have you tried any of the Maybelline Vivids? Any favorites?

The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Very bright, opaque color
  • Lightweight and comfortable on the lips
  • Moisturizing
  • Long-lasting
  • Cute lightweight packaging - perhaps a little bulky, but I like the neon cap and silver tube. 
  • Great price - affordable
Cons:
  • I'm not a fan of the scent of Maybelline lipsticks - I wish they were unscented. This usually keeps me from purchasing Maybelline lipsticks. 
Price: $6-8 at your local drugstore. Price may vary based on location. 

29 comments:

  1. Im IN LOVE with this shade, its crazy bold but so workable! I must have a look around for something similar, I'm a bit of a nude lippy kinda girl currently.
    www.creativegesture.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour looks awesome, can really pack a punch. Might have to pick up one, sound perfect for Summer!


    Eloise | simplynaturale xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great color. I have one of the Vivids in Neon Red. It is a gorgeous, glossy red that has slight orange pull to it. I love it for a summer red because its not too deep, just bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning colour! Looks amazing on you :) I love the Vivid Rose from this line!


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this lipstick too! I also have Brazen Berry, which is a little more purple. But you're right, these do smell pretty bad! Haha

    www.dressingroomdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab post! I love the Maybelline vivids too! They are so pigmented and have some gorgeous shades. Shocking Coral and Fuchsia Flash are my faves. I'll definitely be picking this one up! XOXO

    www.amypriddle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks phenomenal on you! I love the whole line of Vivids and own all of them, but have yet to wear this one! It looks stunning on you so I think I need to try it out ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have vivid rose and I was shocked by it. The intensity after one application and how gorgeous it was! You should try that one..I think it would look great on you!

    I think I need this one too now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Color looks great! But will there be any eyeshadow..foundation...conclear etc posts in the near future? You always post about lip products!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to buy this lipstick so pretty. That swatch on your arm wow sold me lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was eyeing it for a while,but wasn't sure.
    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh such a lovely colour! I love it but I don't think it will suit me but still I will try it.

    -Kookii♥
    The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe the Vivids line is "permanent" but they have limited edition colors every season. I'm obsessed with these lipsticks as well. The color payoff is huge, the color lasts, and they are super affordable! Neon Red is a great shade to try!

    - girlgetglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, this is such a glorious colour!!!

    I love it! :)

    Layla xxx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this one and I really love it. I wish I wore it more often, though. It really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This hot plum color is gorgeous. I'm going to recommend it to my best friend (bride to be), for the bridesmaids to wear!! Our dresses are black, so this color will definitely stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That lip color is to good! Can you do a review on Maybelline's new Fall Collection 2013 please?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this colour! I have three of this line, Hot Plum, Fuchsia Flash (my fav!) and Shocking Coral. They're so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh man. still so afraid of the vivids. so glad there are girls rocking them for those who cant lol
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dying to try these lipsticks!

    http://kiarasmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. What eyeshadow are you wearing? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love pink lipstick but it seems this color is not easy to wear! Thank you for sharing! If you have troubles with your email or you want to sign up a new address a email trouble-solver as gmail signing is really helpful. This website is really neccessary for newbie gmail login a I found many helpful information and tutorial that I've never know before in gmail account login . This website shows me how to use my email more effectively gmail sign up in

    ReplyDelete