Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pink with Glitter Reverse French Nails of the Day.

Reverse French Manicure with Glitter

I've been wanting to try a reverse french manicure with glitter for a while now after seeing several photos on Pinterest, so I decided to give it a shot today. I've tried the regular reverse french and liked it a lot, but I thought adding glitter would be a fun twist since I love glitter tips in general. 

I used french manicure guides that I purchased from my local beauty supply store, but you can use tape if you'd like (just make sure to cut it so it's rounded) or garage sale stickers, reinforcement stickers, etc.

how to create reverse french manicure with glitter

It's that easy! You just have to be sure that your glitter is completely dry, otherwise the sticker can pull the glitter off. As an alternative to glitter polish, you can actually apply a clear coat of nail polish to the bottom portion of your nail, and spill some loose glitter on top. 

For the glitter, I used Maybelline Color Show Sequins Nail Polish in the shade Gold's Night Out with Milani Silver Jewel FX on top. 

The color on my nails is Essie Lion Around. I picked it up recently at my local TJ Maxx.

Reverse French Manicure with Glitter

Reverse French Manicure with Glitter

Reverse French Manicure with Glitter

Reverse Black French Manicure with Silver Glitter
(This was my inspiration photo, courtesy of Lyndar the Merciless.)

I think the result was really pretty and girly! 

What do you think? Have you tried this?

44 comments:

  1. This turned out really well. I want to give this a go with the Nails Inc glitter polish.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks stunning!!

    jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute, I like the glitter by the cuticle instead of at the tip! It'll probably make the glitter last longer too as it can't chip so easily :) x

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you do an updated skin care routine and/or foundation routine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, its so chiic
    x


    -Nora
    http://makeupbynora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owww, I will definitely doooo this! It's so pretty!
    Thanks for showing!! <3

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohhhh, love these! I can't wait to giveit a try!
    -april

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! this turned out really beautiful, love the pretty color & style! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love them...looks amazing! x Marina

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pink ones are so wedding-ish and the black so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so pretty. Definitely giving this one a go:)
    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice tutorial.
    I think I will try this. It's really pretty and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! Wish my nails were nice enough to pull that off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it looks super pretty on you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo I've been wanting a chunky glitter polish for the holiday season. Now I know to check out Maybellines! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely look into the Maybelline Color Show Sequins. They are amazing, chunky and are opaque with two coats. Milani is also great, but you need several coats.

      Delete
  16. Wow, I love the color combination you picked, very pretty and feminine, do you mind I ask why you put the sticker over the glitter polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      You could paint your whole nail pink first (or color of choice) and then apply the glitter, but I wanted the glitter on my bare nail so it wouldn't look too thick. I covered the glitter so I could apply the pink precisely.

      Delete
  17. Very nice your nail art! Love also the Essie color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous !!! Love nailart !!!

    http://christellegblog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is perfect for a festive look! I'm definitely going to try this out in different variations for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! I will definitely have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That Essie polish is beyond gorgeous...<3

    Yewizzy @ She Loves The Finer Things

    ReplyDelete
  22. so cool! they look so perfect. will def. be trying. xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it! so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look beautiful!
    Merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is hott! Love the super easy tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous! I'd never thought of doing it like that and would probably freehand it with the glitter first. Your tutorial makes it so simple! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my God! This is so cute, I haven’t seen any nail art like this anywhere. I’m eagerly waiting to do this design. It looks so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so gorgeous and unique! I've never seen anything like it before! Would be a good idea to use for false nails that are growing out and you wanna mask the gap! And that essie color is just so pretty...

    http://3girlsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so pretty! I'm going to have to try this look for the holidays. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just seen this on Pinterest, so pretty! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Which essie colur was that

    ReplyDelete
  32. I went on essie's website and types lion around but nothing came up, which colour was it?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! It looks so cute.I love the pink color so much.your post is different from others.I really love it.keep it up !........Thanks for sharing this information with us......

    ReplyDelete