Saturday, May 15, 2010

NOTD - OPI My Private Jet!! My FAVORITE OPI Nail Polish!!!

I am in love with OPI's My Private Jet! I purchased it about two weeks ago. So far, I've had it on my toes for a little over a week and it hasn't chipped yet. That's pretty miraculous for me because my pedicures never stay in tact for long. My big toe (nails) always split.. so the color always ends up chipping off. I'm really loving the formula of this one. It's very creamy, dried quick and didn't nick. I hope I can get a full week of wear on my finger nails.

I love dark colors.. Especially grays. I've tried Black a couple of times and it just didn't warm up to me. I didn't find it at all flattering. This polish is probably the closest I can go to black. It looks like a deep gunmetal with very, very fine glitter that reflects green and gold. It looks more holographic than it looks glittery. I'm not sure if glitter is the correct word. In the sunlight, this color is soo gorgeous. I'm probably going to buy a couple of back ups of this shade.

1 Coat of Seche Clear Base Coat, 2 Coats of My Private Jet & 1 coat of Seche Vite Top Coat. Thank you guys for the suggestion of Seche Vite for a top coat.. it's the best top coat I've used. Super shiny and dries fast!

I had such nice nails until I went bowling.. Lol, I had like 4 of my nails break off.









Its not too dark, I promise.

What's on your nails?

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour, looks perfect for a night out as it has that glitteriness to it. I just dug out a polish I had ages ago but didn't really wear, it's called Piccadilly Circus by nails inc. and is like a berry/dark cerise colour, very pretty. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like my private jet but it didn't quite live up to my expectations x

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty! right now i have pink zebras on my nails, which you can check out here: http://ravishingtalons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. MPJ is a great one, especially over a black base! I've been sporting a plain essie french manicure. It looks clean and cute but takes forever to freehand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! was this a limited edition colour? i might hit up ulta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wearing "What's with the Cattitude" from OPI Shrek collection-- so cute, perfect sky blue...I'm diggin Private Jet though, looks great on you and possibly nice for fall too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. if you want a really good base coat you should try CND Sticky. My hands are constantly in hot water for my job and so my manis fade really fast. With Sticky my manis last 5 days w/o one chip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you Ms. Natty! I won't wear dark nail polishes, however you got me thinking about this one! Do you know a good strengthener? My nails are so fragile, even while taking vitamins. I was born premie, so every inch of me is weak, inside/out. Its frustrating at time sbut if you know of a good one, PLEASE let me know! ♥ best wishes pretty!*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the pictures. I have tried so many nail polishes but these ones are cool. I hope to see more pictures too.

    Private jet hire prices

    ReplyDelete