Thursday, September 3, 2009

Shiseido The Makeup Mascara Base!

Shiseido The Makeup Mascara Base

While I was at Bloomingdale's today I decided to pick up an item I've been wanting to try for the longest time!! I'm talking about well over a year. That is, Shiseido's Makeup Mascara Base. I always look at the reviews on Makeupalley.. and if it has a minimum of 150 ratings.. and its at least 70% or higher rating.. I'll add it to my wish list. This in particular has a current rating of 4.3 out of 5 based on 730 reviews & has a 81% buy again rate. I think that's pretty dang good.

It is $23 for a .25oz tube.. which is a little pricey for a mascara.. but if you're buying a high end mascara you're going to be spending over $20. Well, let me correct myself.. this isn't a mascara. It's a mascara base. It's basically a clear coat that will improve mascara application & wear, boosts volume & curl and adds dramatic definition to the eyes. It comes in a sleek deep purple/gunmetal colored tube, and it has a big fluffy wand. (I love mascaras with big wands for some reason).



Review 9/10/09: I thought originally that this will add length to your lashes.. but when I read the bottle, It doesn't say anything about length. It talks about volume and curl. It does do whats promised. I noticed it made my lashes stand up on their own without having to curl them. The curl pretty much lasted all day. And my lashes had  more volume with just one coat of mascara. I think this is a really good base to use prior to an application of lengthening mascara. I give it a 4 of of 5 stars. I'm unsure if I'll repurchase. I've only used it for a week.

Follow up: I have repurchased this base since and will continue to purchase it. It really does what it promises. It helps keep my lashes curled better and it makes my lashes look more volumized and separated. I can't be without it! :)

12 comments:

  1. love your haul! i love the mascara base, but i have short wimpy lashes so it helps me hehe. Your lashes dont need a base, they are perfect already!! the rings are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are extremely helpful swatches! What did you think about shade 123? That one seems like it would suit you nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you c!! :) I like my lashes to touch my eye brows hahahaha

    123 definately looks nice.. I didn't end up swatching it though. I kinda wish I did now.. lol I hope 128 works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the link you posted for the foundation matches and it helped me figure out what NARS foundation shade I was! thank you Natty.

    The turquoise rings are very unique, I really like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear what you think of the Mufe foundation in 128. We don't have Sephora here so I would have to buy this foundation from Ebay. But tryinng to make sense of these colors is impossible! I'm nw35 and have also been recommented to try 128...
    Thanks for the post :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mascara base sounds great,never tried one :)) I wish we had MUFE here,i have a couple of products i could purchase :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got a sample of MUFE foundation in 128.. I can't wait to use it! Let us know your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait to see ur review on the mascara review :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey can you do a Foundation Tutorial that would be really great thanks bye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base - I just tried it a few weeks ago and I am addicted to it. It makes my lashes so much longer and fuller. Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete