Sunday, July 25, 2010

Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen Review, Photos and Swatches!

Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner

Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen is a liquid liner pen with a precision brush that can be used to draw thick or thin lines.
Eyeko says: For fool proof eyeliner dot across the upper lid as close to the lashes as possible then simply join the dots! Wing it, flick it, have fun with it! Team with lashings of Eyeko Magic Mascara for a flirtatious flutter! 
Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen is smudge-proof, fade-proof and long lasting!
Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen is available in four (4) shades: Jet Black, Navy Blue, Brown and Purple.


This is a great liner pen in comparison to many I've tried.. such as ELF, Styli-Style, Milani & more. The pointed felt tip is very sturdy and doesn't bend or lose its shape during application. It's very simple to apply and (for me) the point makes it easy to create a precision line. It lasts all day with minor fading by night near the tear ducts of my eye. It's pretty budge proof. If you've made a mistake, it's best to fix it right away before it dries, with a wet q-tip. Once it's dry.. you'll need makeup remover. Yay for long lasting! Also, It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. Overall, I think it's a great product. The only con I can think of is, I wish the applicator was a little more soaked in product. I find it to be slightly dry.
I did some additional testing with other liquid liner pens I use.

DUN DUN DUN.. The Competitors..

From Left to Right: Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner ($8), Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen ($8.99) and Milani Eye Tech Liquid Eye Liner ($6.79).

So, I applied all three pens on the inside of my hand.

*From Left to Right: Revlon, Eyeko and Milani.*



Test 1: I swiped a Q-Tip in MAC Plumage Eyeshadow and with a little pressure, smudged the shadow individually into each line. With some liners I've used, the eyeshadow would instantly rub the liner off and I would have to reapply. Each liner passed this test.

Test 2: With a crumbled, dry paper towel, I scrubbed my hand with a few strokes back and forth. Revlon and Eyeko stayed in place and passed the test. The majority of the Milani liner had rubbed off.

I then washed my hand, and reapplied all three liners in the same order.

Test 3: I ran my hand under a medium pressure stream of luke-warm water. I let the water run for a minimum of 30 seconds. I was VERY surprised to see that none of the liners budged!

Test 4: I was convinced that these liners had probably gone back to their wet state, and once they would be touched they would all smear. I took a dry paper towel and placed it on top of the liners and applied a little pressure and took the paper off (Basically, a blot). I was surprised to see that still, they were all in place.

Test 5 (final test): I wet a paper towel and rubbed my hand with pressure a couple times back and forth. Revlon stayed in tact, Eyeko stayed 50% intact and Milani was gone.

The Verdict? The Eyeko pen is indeed long lasting, but when put to the test, Revlon Colorstay was harder to remove. I would rate this pen a 4/5.

Have you tried this product?? What did you think? What are some other Eyeko products do you like?

To visit all of their goodies, check out their website at http://www.eyeko.com.

8 comments:

  1. wow! i LOVE your reviews, and your effort in giving us a full and detailed review is much appreciated<3 ive been looking at eyeliner pens (specifically the expensive lancome art liner) and now i'm definitely going to try the revlon :) i haven't heard of eyeko until now, the packaging/look is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revlon is a must have thanks, I will be picking up when I run out of eyeliner.
    Also having a blog sale if anyone is interested


    http://dreasobsession.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-sale-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these are awesome !!

    great review ,, thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you tested it out against other brands, Nat! I've tried Eyeko before. I was not impressed. But I like your honesty and the swatches are great. I'm definitely going to get Revlon though. =P

    Umm...don't be offended, I've always loved your swatches, but the font you used on these were a little hard to read. Just letting you know! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! Eyeko send me a few items to review too and this liner was one of them. They sent me the purple one though :-X..I dont wear purple eyeliner! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Madeline! I'm glad I'm being helpful!! I've been wanting to try the Artliner for ages now.. If you end up getting it, let me know how it works! Or If I end up getting it first, I'll review it. :)

    Lou - I don't line my eyes much.. I usually line the outer corners of my top and bottom lid so I don't really use any of them that much. I like my liner to be the blackest black you can find.. and pen liners usually fall short. :(

    No offense taken!!! Thanks for letting me know. I do agree, it is a funny font and not the easiest to read. I'm testing lots of fonts.. I'll be trying others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like depending on its texture, eyeliner may be softly smudged or clearly defined. There are some main formulas available on the market: each gives a different effect.

    ReplyDelete