Saturday, February 25, 2012

Maybelline Bold Gold Eyestudio Color Tattoo Eyeshadow Review!

maybelline bold gold color tattoo
Maybelline Eyestudio Bold Gold Color Tattoo Eyeshadow

I previously posted about a couple Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows last month, and since then have been using them (mostly Bad to the Bronze) a couple days out of the week. 

Shorlty after, I picked up one additional shade, Bold Gold, which is basically a shimmery, medium toned brassy-gold. 

Bold Gold is a great shade that can be used alone, for a simple wash of color across the lids, or it can be used as a base for a powder eyeshadow to prolong the wear of the shadow, and to make any golden hues in the powder eyeshadow stand out more.

One of the ways I like wearing this shadow is applied all over the lid, with a soft brown shadow blended through the crease, and the top lid lined with a dark brown liquid (or pencil) liner for a quick and simple look.

(Cropped from a previous post)

My favorite application method is with my fingers, or a flat synthetic concealer brush. If you want more opaque color, a sponge eyeshadow applicator works well.

Maybelline Eyestudio Bold Gold Color Tattoo Eyeshadow

READ MORE! 
One of my favorite color combos is using a gold base with a black eyeshadow layered on top, or vise-versa (black base with gold eyeshadow on top). The two shades create a dark blackened olive green shade. It's a little more fun than your standard black. (See below photo)

Here are a few swatches of different eyeshadows layered over Maybelline Bold Gold. 
Swatches from left to right: Maybelline Bold Gold Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Half Baked Eyeshadow (copper-gold) applied over Bold Gold, MAC Gilt By Association Mineralize Eyeshadow (blackened bronze-gold) applied over Bold Gold and MAC Black Tied Eyeshadow (black with silver shimmer) applied over Bold Gold.

Applied over Urban Decay Half Baked, the color appears brighter and much more opaque. Applied over MAC Gilt by Association, again, the color is more opaque, and the golden tones in the shadow are intensified. Applied over MAC Black Tied, the mixture of the black and gold make a pretty shimmery blackened green (Nars Night Clubbing dupe?)

I always used MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot (golden apricot cream shadow) as a base for my gold shadows, but I prefer the color of Bold Gold much more. 

If you wear a lot of warm golden and brown eyeshadows, I think you'll really enjoy this product. It's a very easy to use product, it lasts all day and it's in-expensive. 

You can find Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows at your local drugstore that carries Maybelline. The average price is around $6.

24 comments:

  1. I'm so intrigued about these!
    It's amazing how it looks on top of all different products!
    I heard the purple is a bit crap :(
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for these to hit the uk market, So pretty layered under the black!! I love mac paint pots so would snap loads of these up!! Don't know why drugstore brands haven't brought something out like this before?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow it looks lovely, i can't wait till these come to england!

    http://buyswagger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooow, so pretty! And it's nice that you can variate with the color so much with layering (: ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful, I would love this product :) xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. MAC Rubenesque has been on my wish list file a while but the price tag has stopped me, I'm gonna check out this beauty! I love the maybelline tattoo colors that I have so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *for not file. I love my iPhone but not the auto correct! Ha:)

      Delete
  7. It's a much bronzer version of MAC's Paint Pot in Treasure Hunt! Lovely~ I'd honestly never thought to use them OVER shadows before....

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEautiful colors. Will they last without a primer?

    www.getinagoodmood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I never wear a primer with them and they last all day. If you have oily skin, you may want to try a primer, but I think they'd be fine. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm so glad you did this post! After you reviewed Bad to the Bronze I was slightly regretting getting Bold Gold instead. I didn't even think of pairing it with some of these darker shades (duh!) It looks gorgeous. I'm excited to experiment more with it now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Applied over Gilt By Association it looks like Armani ETK #15

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely color. I want to try color tattoo but somehow our local drug store does not sell it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bold Gold and Bad to the Bronze are my favorite Color Tattoo shades!

    http://beauty-twist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a few of these and love them. I am not much of a fan of gold, but it looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great color combos...my favorite is tough as taupe

    http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!!! I would love to see you do a makeup tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  16. I already love Bad to the Bronze but now I need Bold Gold as well. Thanks for showing how it looks layered, the colors are gorgeous! -xoxo-

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks absolutely beautiful. Go Maybelline! Can't wait to try.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this colour. It has a nice shimmer to it.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the swatches and review!!!

    It looks AMAZING, especially layered!!
    Need some.. STAT

    ReplyDelete