Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy!

Rimmel Airy Fairy Lipstick


Airy Fairy is a lipstick you probably all know about. The particular shade is the most popular of Rimmel's shade selection, as it's a great every day color that is flattering on several skin tones. The color is a pink-mauve with a golden sheen. The actual color is quite "cool" (purple/blue toned) but because of the golden sheen, it's a bit more wearable on my warm skin tone. I stay away from lipsticks with any traces of purple to them, as they do nothing for me - but because of the popularity of this color, I thought I'd take the opportunity to try it out in a recent swap. I'm not too crazy about it alone, but it looks really pretty under a pink lip gloss. The formula is smooth, applies evenly and feels moisturizing on the lips. It is fairly opaque and builds well for full opacity.

Airy Fairy swatched on my hand..
Top: Swatched heavily,  Bottom: Swatched once
Left: Airy Fairy on my Bare Lips, Right: Airy Fairy with NYX Sheer Gloss in the shade Vintage applied over top.
Airy Fairy is rated 4/5, with a 72% re-purchase rate based on makeupalley.com reviews. 
(Click here to be re-directed)

Jo, from Jomakemeblush has mentioned this lipstick several times, and it looks gorgeous on her NC40 skintone! Check out her posts where she mentions it, by clicking here.

Do you own this lipstick? Is it a yay or nay for you?

21 comments:

  1. Looks fab I really want this but we can't get it in the UK :-( x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Catherine - I've been hearing so many good things about it, but it's disappointing that a UK branded lipstick isn't available in the UK :( Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? Wow! I never knew that! That is definitely disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous on you, and I love how plump your lips look. :) I'll have to try it out. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color- but I cannot get over the scent of it. Which is such a shame... It looks beautiful on your lips.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRetty & unique color! Love your blog:)

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a nice shade for Summer. Soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love rimmel lasting finish lipsticks not tried this shade but looks like its not available here in the UK anyway :(

    looks pretty on you with and without gloss

    www.victoria-gabrielle.com x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!!!!!! Looks so good on your lips!!!!

    http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is definitely one of my fave lipticks of all times!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you'll never go wrong with this lippie, gorgeous and definitely a must have

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this lipstick and I hated it. The color looked pretty but it made my teeth look yellow!! It has weird undertones. Looks beautiful on you though!

    Lacy
    MakeupbyLacy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww it looks gorgeous on you! I'm sure it will be too dark on my pale skintone -_-

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore this lipstick! It's one of my favourites :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey very nice stuff u have.. keep writing... im also running a health blog http://allcaretips.blogspot.com/......

    ReplyDelete
  16. I appreciate all of your opinions and reviews, I think you have an amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete