Sunday, April 17, 2011

FOTD Wearing Guerlain Parure Extreme Foundation #3!


I thought I'd do a quick update how my Guerlain Parure Extreme Foundation is working for me. (I apologize for all of my foundation posts and if you can't keep up with them all!) So you might remember, I purchased Guerlain Parure Extreme #4 back in December, and although I loved the foundation, it was a terrible color choice for me. To make it work, I would use a foundation in the lightest shade (Neutrogena Healthy Skin in Classic Ivory) to lighten it up and then I would a drop of Coastal Scents yellow corrector to give it a more yellow/golden tone. That was working great for me, but I really wanted to find my correct color match, so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of mixing foundations all of the time.

Earlier this month, I decided to place an order for Guerlain Parure Extreme in the shade #3. I had no idea until that point what Guerlain's numbering meant for the foundation, until Lisasz09 on youtube let me know that even numbers are actually pink toned, and odd numbers are yellow toned. So, I was please to know that it isn't the whole line that is pink toned. I'm happy to say that #3 matches me beautifully, and is a good NC30-35 match. It doesn't have a strong yellow tone, per say, but it matches me very good.

Swatched Top: Guerlain Parure Foundation #3, Bottom: Guerlain Parure Extreme #4
I've been wearing this foundation almost every day, with the exception of the days where I've tested out Chanel Vitalumiere, Laura Mercier Silk Creme & a couple days of Neutrogena Healthy Skin. I love that it looks so natural & with setting powder, lasts all day. It has climbed up my list of favorite foundations, and made it to my top 5.

I didn't set my foundation with powder, because I wanted to show the santiny finish. It was a bit cloudy today, so my skin looks a little beige? I assure you though, the color match is excellent, and this is just not the best lighting. I'll be wearing this in FOTD's to come. My FOTD today is nothing spectacular, because I was about to go grocery shopping for a BBQ and didn't want to go too heavy on my eyes in the day time.



Face:
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer in Medium under my eyes, around the corners of my nose and under my brows
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in #20 under my eyes over the Hard Candy Concealer for a better color match
Guerlain Parure Extreme Foundation #3 applied a sheer layer with my fingers, and built a thin second layer with my MAC 131 duo fibre brush
Guerlain Brunettes 02 Terracotta Bronzing Powder applied to the hollows of my cheeks & extended up my cheekbones
MAC Optimistic Orange Cremeblend Blush applied to my cheekbones
Hard Candy Honeymoon Blush applied over Optimistic Orange for a soft, shimmery peach sheen

Brows:

Eyes: 
Dior Crush Glow 5-Colour Iridescent Eyeshadow (golden shade all over my lid, brown in the outer V)
Bobbi Brown Long Wearing Gel Ink in Black Ink (lined my top and bottom lash line)
Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara in Very Black
Revlon Fantasy Lengths Professional Self Adhesive Eyelashes #99500

Lips:
MAC Pale Lip Erase applied as a light base to my lips
MAC Subculture Lip Liner
YSL #26 Tender Peach Rouge Volupte Lipstick (this shade looks much different.. lighter and more pink - with lip erase as a base.. I love it! But we all know RV lipsticks have the worst staying power and it was practically gone in these photos despite I had just applied it.)

12 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look stunning!
    Thanks for the post about this foundation. Don't worry i am keeping up with your foundation posts! I am enjoying them :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely stunning, as always! The foundation looks really great on you and your skin is just glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great foundation! It looks lovely on you. Love the hair too :) I'm on the hunt for the perfect foundation so I'll be keeping up with your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sold me on trying this out. I'll have to use my 15% coupon this week and grab myself a bottle! Your skin looks so luminous and perfect in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh woow it looks amazing on your skin.. I've been trying out the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation and it's amaaazing.. Gives a medium coverage that looks so natural.. I might go grab a sample of the Parure Extreme Foundation just to compare them.. Coz this post has now made me curious about it =P

    Thanks heaps for the awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natty,
    I love your reviews so much. I bought this foundation after your last review. I love it!
    Can't wait to see your review on Laura Mercier. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This foundation makes your skin look absolutely flawless and glowing. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great as always!! Thanks for the review.
    Just Me aghan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nat :)
    I was just wondering where do u go shopping i really like ur shirts n cute pull overs u wear i would like to know :) have a good day thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did an excellent job making the foundation work. It made your skin look sun kissed and glowing. Beautiful!

    I love your blog and don't comment as much as I should, my apologies :( but I gave you an award on my blog.
    http://froggistyle73.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. The finish looks lovely, very tempted now!
    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete